When you’re in pain, you want relief, you want it now and you don’t want to add chemicals to your body, that have undesirable short and long term side effects. I will be sharing with you a few recipes that can be used to help reduce pain.
Use this simple recipe to treat joint and muscle pain as well as headaches and mental fog!
Rosemary is known to fight heat-induced pain It’s also widely used to treat headaches, muscle pains, and arthritis. The herb even sharpens mental focus to help you go on with your day when suffering from chronic pain.
Olive oil serves as a carrier oil to keep the essential oil from evaporating. This ensures that the rosemary oil can do its job while it’s on your skin. Plus, olive oil contains natural anti-inflammatory compounds that help soothe overworked muscles and injured joints.
Lastly, salt contains essential electrolytes that improve nerve signaling to prevent muscle pain. If you suffer from intense pain or arthritis, consider switching the Himalayan salt for Epsom salt, which is high in pain-relieving magnesium.
Oil For Pain
• 20 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 10 tablespoons Himalayan salt
• 3-5 drops rosemary essential oil
1. Mix ingredients in a glass jar, seal, and let it sit for 48 hours.
2. To use, apply a small amount to affected area in the morning right after waking up. For headaches, apply directly to your temples.
3. Massage the oil into your skin for 2-3 minutes and let it sit for up to 20 minutes.
4. Use a clean damp towel to wipe away the remaining oil.
5. Use every day for 10 days to see lasting results.
This blend can help with muscle aches and cramps, especially after working out and having tension the next day. This also works great for calming and relaxing the body and helps create an overall sense of well-being.
Wintergreen is very effective to helping with painful conditions including arthritis, menstrual cramps, headaches, migraines and nerve pain. This oil has pain-relieving properties similar to aspirin.
Yarrow is excellent for joint aches and pain as it contains powerful restorative and analgesic pain relievers with anti-inflammatory properties.
Sweet marjoram helps to relieve joint and muscle stiffness spasm, pain, headaches, migraines, rheumatism and osteoarthritis and also has powerful sedative and relaxing properties.
Magnesium is excellent in helping soothe muscle tension, PMS, cramps of any kind and since over 80% of the population is deficient, this is an easy health game changer.
Pain Relief Magnesium Oil
• 2 drops of Wintergreen
• 2 drops of Yarrow
• 2 drops of Sweet marjoram
• 2 drops of Lavender
• Fill the rest of the bottle up with Magnesium oil
1. Place the appropriate drops of essential oils in a 4 oz. glass bottle
2. Fill the rest of the bottle up carefully with the Magnesium oil
3. Place lid on spray bottle tightly
4. Shake bottle
5. Apply on body. You may feel a slight tingle that should go away, but you can wipe off with wet cloth. You can also spray on the bottom of your feet, if you don’t like the tingle effect. This will still create a whole body pain relief effect.
Note: Do not apply on open cuts or sores as it will tingle and possibly even feel like it’s burning.
Applying heat or cold may sound like a great treatment for an injury. Despite how good it may feel, it may not be the most efficient way to promote healing. You need to know when to use cold and when to use heat on an injury.
Heat compresses work well before activities that aggravate chronic injuries, such as muscle strains. Heat can help loosen tissues and relax injured areas. Apply heat using a hot wet towel, no more than 20 minutes at a time.
Cold compresses should be applied after an acute injury, such as an ankle sprain, or after activities that aggravate a chronic injury. Use a washcloth soaked in cold water and do not use it for longer than 20 minutes at a time. More time spent cooling does not necessarily mean more relief.
Hot and Cold Compresses
• A bowl with 1 cup of hot or cold water
• (for hot compress use hot water and cold compress, use cold water)
• 5 drops wintergreen oil
• 5 drops frankincense oil
• Soft washcloth
1. Place the drops of essential oils into the bowl containing hot or cold water.
2. Stir the oils into the water using the microfiber washcloth.
3. Wring out the washcloth and press it on the painful area for a minute or two.
4. Repeat until relief is felt.
Whether you’re experiencing migraines, PMS cramps, stress headaches, joint pain, car or sports injury, these pains can interfere with our life and make us lose our sense of self. One of the most effective and invigorating ways to combat pain is with the application of essential oils like in the recipes which I just covered. I hope that this helps.
Thank you for watching!
Good Day and Good Health