Parasites enter the human body through contaminated food or water, transmitting agents like mosquitoes, sexual contact and even via nose and skin. Other common causes include poor hygiene, exposure to areas known to have parasites, weak immune system and eating raw and undercooked meat.
Depending on the type of intestinal worm, a person may experience different symptoms like stomach pain, gas, dysentery, diarrhea, bad breath, constant feelings of hunger, restless sleep, itching around the rectum, anemia, weakness, weight loss, frequent headaches, fever, nausea, pain in the legs and nutritional disorders.
Here are the top 5 home remedies for intestinal worms.
Garlic is a popular anti-parasitic food that can help deal with any type of intestinal worms. Raw garlic has sulfur-containing amino acids that are anti-parasitic in nature. Plus, the antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties in garlic help kill microbes in the body.
• Eating three cloves of raw garlic on an empty stomach every day for one week is one of the simplest ways to get rid of all types of intestinal worms.
• Alternatively, you can boil two crushed garlic cloves in one-half cup of milk and drink it on an empty stomach. Do this for about a week.
The latex from unripe papaya fruit is rich in the enzyme papain, which has anthelmintic properties that can effectively destroy intestinal worms. Plus, papaya seeds contain a substance called caricin that can help expel intestinal worms.
• Mix one tablespoon each of fresh raw papaya juice and honey with three or four tablespoons of hot water. Drink it in the morning on an empty stomach. After two hours, follow it with a glass of warm milk with two tablespoons of castor-oil mixed in it. Follow the treatment for two to three days. When using this remedy for children, reduce the dosage to half.
Neem is an effective natural method for removing all types of intestinal worms. It has anti-parasitic properties that not only kills parasites, but also helps remove the toxins
• drink a glass of warm milk or water mixed with one teaspoon of dried neem leaf powder twice daily for a week.
Turmeric is another excellent natural remedy for intestinal worms. It acts as an internal antiseptic and contains antimicrobial properties that help kill intestinal worms. Plus, turmeric can help relieve bloating, excessive gas, nausea and abdominal pain, which are some of the common symptoms of intestinal worms.
• Extract the juice from raw turmeric. Add a pinch of salt to one teaspoon of this juice. Drink it in the morning on an empty stomach. Repeat daily for a week. If you have turmeric powder, then add one-half teaspoon of the powder and a pinch of salt to one-half cup of warm water and drink it daily for five days.
Cloves have antiseptic, bactericidal and anti-parasitic properties that help destroy parasitic eggs and kill intestinal worms within the body. Plus, cloves can help prevent future episodes of infestation.
Add one teaspoon of powdered clove to a cup of hot water.
Cover the cup with a plate and allow it to steep for 10 to 20 minutes.
Drink this three times a day for a week.
Always use freshly ground clove powder to get the maximum health benefits.
DISCLAIMER: The materials and the information contained on Natural solution channel are provided for general and educational purposes only and do not constitute any legal, medical or other professional advice on any subject matter. None of the information on our videos is a substitute for a diagnosis and treatment by your health professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new diet or treatment and with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provide.