Conventional body butters can be full of synthetic fragrances and harmful chemicals. Instead, try this homemade calming magnesium body butter recipe.
This recipe contains avocado oil, which has naturally occurring magnesium and potassium that help hydrate the skin. Avocados are one of the most mineral-rich superfoods in the world. In addition, magnesium oil is added — it’s transdermal so can pass through the skin into the body.
Also, to naturally calm the body, this recipe contains lavender essential oil, which can relax muscles and reduce the effects of stress.
Apply this CALM magnesium body butter recipe today to naturally increase minerals and healing compounds in your body!
Homemade CALM Body Butter
Total Time: 45 minutes
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup magnesium oil
3/4 cup cocoa butter
30 drops of lavender oil (or desired essential oils)
1 Tablespoon vodka (preservative)
1 Tablespoon DMSO (optional)
large glass jar
In saucepan with water over low heat, place a jar containing the cocoa butter.
Once melted, pour into bowl and let cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
Using a standard mixer blend and whip it.
Once whipped add in magnesium oil, avocado oil, vodka, DMSO (optional) and essential oils and whip a few seconds to mix.
Transfer to glass jar or plastic container and label.
13 Benefits of Magnesium Oil:
Strengthen Teeth and Bones
Improve Dental Health
Treat Skin Problems
Use as Deodorant
Reduce Symptoms of PMS
There is a very long list of health benefits from using DMSO, the main ones are:
· It is an all-round microbicide effective against bacteria, fungi, mycoplasmas and viruses
· It improves the immune system and reduces allergies
· It is strongly anti-inflammatory with good antioxidant properties
· It blocks pain when rubbed onto affected muscles or joints
· It improves blood circulation by inhibiting formation of blood clots and hypercoagulation
· It even dissolves newly formed blood clots
· It dilates blood vessels and improves the function of the heart
· It efficiently transports molecules across cell membranes and moves through the blood-brain barrier
· It improves connective tissue, softens collagen and stimulates wound healing
· It is a potent diuretic and very effective with chronic bladder inflammation/cystitis