– INGENIOUS LAUNDRY HACKS –
HOW TO MAKE LAUNDRY SCENT CRYSTALS
– 2 Cups Epsom Salt
– 15 drops Orange or Lavender Essential Oil (optional)
– Use a Mason Jar or other container for the Laundry Scent Crystals
– In a mixing bowl combine the Epsom Salt and Essential Oils. Use a spatula to ensure the oils are fully incorporated.
– If you prefer a more mild scent, decrease the amount of oils.
– You can use a single oil or combine any ones you like.
– Add laundry scent crystals to a container. If you are using a citrus oil in your mix it’s best to store your scent booster in a glass container. If you don’t use citrus oils, use any container.
Add 1/8 to 1/4 a cup of Laundry Scent Booster directly to your washing machine tub before you begin the wash cycle.
This recipe yields 8-16 loads.
NOTE: Be careful using the scent booster on linens that guest will use. Be sure they have no allergy issues.
DRYER SCENT BOOSTER
– Take white cotton squares, approximately 6 x 6 or use white washcloths.
– Lay them out on a hard, washable surface. I lay a sheet of aluminum foil down for easy clean up and treat several at a time.
– Shake the essential oil(s) of your choice across the cloth. If you want more scent use more drops, less, use fewer drops.
– Pick up each cloth and wring it tightly in your hands. This spreads out the essential oil.
– Put the cloths in a labeled covered container.
– Toss one in each dryer load of clothes.
– Lavender is awesome for bedding, also try citrus. Look for spicy scents for a more masculine smell and your favorite scent for yourself.
– Each cloth may be used about 5 – 6 times. When they no longer are scented, dry and start over.
DIY LINEN SPRAY
It’s lovely to slip into bed with a soft restful fragrance surrounding you.
It’s a lovely surprise for guests in the guest room.
Linen sprays are expensive, but you can make your own in minutes
I like to use Lavender Essential Oil for the calming, relaxing benefits.
You can select any essential oil you like.
– In a small jar with a tight lid (re-purpose a jelly jar or any small jar) combine:
– 2 Tablespoons of Witch Hazel or Vodka
– 10 drops of Essential Oil or your choice
– Shake well to combine
– Add 2 ounces of water to the jar and shake well for 20 or 30 seconds
– Use a funnel to pour the mixture into a spray bottle and label.
– Lightly spray linens
*Use caution around cats if using lavender. It CAN BE TOXIC TO CATS.
Queen of Clean offers professional NATURAL cleaning tips techniques, advice and solutions. Linda Cobb, the Queen of Clean, is a NY Times BEST selling author, with her books named “Talking Dirty with the Queen Of Clean”.