Olive oil benefits for the heart and brain:
Ninety-eight percent of olive oil today is not truly extra virgin olive oil but rather fake and causes negative health benefits. In this video, you will learn how to pick out the real, quality olive oil.
Benefits of a good quality olive oil include:
1) Polyphenols, which are fat-soluble antioxidants that protect the brain and heart which can lower blood pressure, cholesterol and prevent long-term diseases.
2) Monounsaturated fatty acids are good for the heart, support balancing hormones and lubricate joints.
3) Vitamin E improves heart health and increases healthy, glowing skin.
Most olive oil today is not true olive oil but is laced with negative ingredients such as soybean oil or canola oil.
Top ways to pick the best olive oil:
1) Smell the oil to see if it has a very distinct, strong aroma
2) Dark glass bottle
3) Should harden or get cloudy if put in the refrigerator
4) Look for extra virgin olive oil, certified organic and look at the harvest season date and expiration date on the bottle
Is olive oil healthy? Yes, it is great for your heart, brain and hormones but it has to be real extra virgin olive oil.
Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DNM, CNS, is a doctor of chiropractic, certified doctor of natural medicine and clinical nutritionist with a passion to help people eat healthily and live a healthy lifestyle.
Visit the blog:
Want to connect on social media?
Like on Facebook → facebook.com/drjoshaxe/
Follow on Instagram → instagram.com/drjoshaxe/
Follow on Twitter → twitter.com/drjoshaxe/
Follow on Pinterest → pinterest.com/draxe/
Have any questions?
Ask away →