How To Relieve Stress and Anxiety with Essential Oils – Reduce Stress Right Now!!
A typical way to fight stress, depression and anxiety is by taking medication. However, such medications are sometimes dangerous because they can affect the functions of the brain and can even be addictive.
There are different ways you can get rid of nervous tension, and one of them is aromatherapy.
Applying Soothing essential oils you can cope with: stress, overcome feeling of anxiety, sadness, despair, gain self confidence and believe in yourself.
Blend recipe to relieve stress and anxiety with essential oils:
3 drops of geranium essential oil
3 drops of lavender essential oil
3 drops of sage essential oil
Use 3-4 times per day. You can use this blend in aroma necklace or oil burner as well.
Geranium Essential Oil- helps to relieve stress, get rid of stress and anxiety and negative thoughts.
Lavender Essential Oil – is well known antidepressant. This oil helps to get rid of stress, anxiety, insomnia, migraines.
Sage Essential Oil – is useful to relieve stress, depression and anxiety.
Safety tips in using essential oils:
1. Always do a patch test before trying a new essential oil, or any essential oil.
2.Keep essential oils out of the reach of children and pets.
3. Children under age of 5 are more sensitive to essential oils. Elderly people and those with weak immune system may be very sensitive ,too.
4.If you are allergic to certain plants, avoid essential oils that were produced from these plants.
5. Some essential oils increase the risk of sunburn. If you use these oils make sure that you avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for 6 to 24 hours after application. Read carefully the label on individual oil.
6. Some essential oils can be used undiluted on the skin. If you have sensitive skin, dilute each drop of essential oil with a drop of base/carrier oil.
7. Only a FEW essential oils are safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding, but most of them should be avoided.
8. Many essential oils can irritate the eyes, so if accident happens clean the area with water.
9.Essential oils are flammable, so keep them away from the flames.
Essential oils are not suitable for people who have asthma and bronchial problems.
If you have any concerns in using essential oil , always seek medical advice and consult your doctor, listen to your body and follow the safety tips.