Is a colon cleanse actually beneficial? Here’s what you should know:
In this video, I am talking about how to naturally cleanse your colon as well as the best steps, foods and supplements you need to cleanse naturally.
Most cleanses today are fads that don’t work long term. I will teach you how to cleanse over several days as well as maintain this diet and lifestyle.
To work at its best, your colon needs no interference from foods that may block it from doing its job. The #1 step to follow is to eliminate processed and refined foods that will cause intestinal inflammation.
Top Foods for Cleansing Your Colon:
1) Fermented Vegetables (sauerkraut and kimchi)
2) Probiotic-rich foods (kefir, goats milk)
3) Apples- Cleanse the colon with pectin
4) Avocados- Fiber rich and contain potassium and magnesium- flush out toxins.
5) Flax Seeds or Sprouted Flax (loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids)
6) Triphala- Herb used in India and Asia as a tonic to support colon function
7) Clean water! 8 glasses a day of pure, clean water
Suggestions for a week-long colon cleanse:
• Breakfast- Superfood Smoothie
⁃ Collagen protein powder, apple, vegetables (celery and
⁃ Tablespoon of flax meal and 1/2 avocado
• Lunch- Superfood salad
⁃ Organic lettuce, tomatoes, avocado,
⁃ Apple Cider Vinegar
⁃ Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
• Dinner- Bone broth soup
⁃ Vegetables, chicken, chicken broth
• Supplement- take probiotics (2 caps 2x a day)
Doing this, you will see great improvements in constipation and colon health.
Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DNM, CNS, is a doctor of chiropractic, certified doctor of natural medicine and clinical nutritionist with a passion to help people eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle.
Visit the blog:
Want to connect on social media?
Like on Facebook → facebook.com/drjoshaxe/
Follow on Instagram → instagram.com/drjoshaxe/
Follow on Twitter → twitter.com/drjoshaxe/
Follow on Pinterest → pinterest.com/draxe/
Have any questions?
Ask away →