Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit:
Cinnamon and honey on their own are both very nutritious and promote the overall health of our bodies. They contain important vitamins such as folate, vitamin C and vitamin E, minerals such as calcium, iron and zinc, and even nutrients such as fibre and protein. When combined together, these two ingredients become a nutrient powerhouse that offers incredible health benefits. Lets discuss these health benefits of cinnamon and honey when it is consumed consistently.
1. First, cinnamon and honey can be beneficial for those individuals suffering from diabetes. Cinnamon is a good source of antioxidant flavonoids, which effect on the body closely resembles that of insulin. This means that the mixture can encourage glucose out of the blood and into the cells, which provides functional energy. This natural sugar does not cause the major fluctuations in blood sugar levels as artificial sugar does, and this mixture can help create a steady use of glucose by the body, helping those with Type 2 diabetes.
2. it can also improve digestion when consumed consistently. It can help to manage digestive issues such as constipation, ulcers and nausea, while also increasing the overall health and functionality of the digestive system. If that wasn’t enough, it can also help with the removal of gas from the stomach and intestines, as well as treat stomachaches. Honey is very easy for our body to breakdown since it is a pre-digested nectar, which can soothe our digestive system. Cinnamon is also helpful for its antimicrobial properties in this regard.
3. Cinnamon and honey is also great for our immune system. This mixture can help to boost our immune system, even helping those individuals who may be suffering from chronic fatigue symptoms. It is also helpful for treating common cold and flu symptoms. This is because this mixture is packed with antioxidants. As well, it can help to slow down the growth of bacteria and fungus within the body.
4. It is also great for those individuals suffering from arthritis, and may be beneficial in providing relief from these unwanted symptoms. Consuming this mixture can help to relieve joint pain as well as helping to maintain the overall health of our bones.
5. Cinnamon mixed with honey is also great for our skin! Skin care can be maintained from drinking this mixture, or you can treat minor skin infections and pimples by simply applying the paste on the areas of the skin that are troublesome. These skin health benefits are possible due to the mixture’s antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics. Not only are minor infections and pimples reduced, but the appearance of wrinkles and age spots can also be reduced.
6. It is also great for our overall heart health. Both the cinnamon and honey can help to reduce cholesterol levels and protect the heart. High LDL cholesterol, or “bad” cholesterol, can lead to atherosclerosis or plaque build up on the walls of the arteries. This can lead to heart related disorders and complications and increase the chances of stroke and heart attacked.
7. Lastly, cinnamon mixed with honey can also improve our overall dental health. Both cinnamon and honey are used in this regard. It can help with eliminating bad breath and also help to relieve toothaches while also promoting the overall health of our teeth due to its antimicrobial properties.
Creating the cinnamon and honey mixture is incredibly easy. All you will need is 1 cup of warm water, mixed with 1 tbsp of raw honey and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Make sure the water is not too hot before consuming the mixture.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, or food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!