Valentine’s Day isn’t just about pampering your other half, it’s also the perfect excuse to pamper yourself. These homemade, moisturising massage bars will nurture your skin and make it feel soft and revitalised.
Blending Ylang Ylang and Tangerine creates a sweet and floral aroma with a bright, warm, citrus fragrance. You have to try them!
Ingredients (makes four massage bars):
1 cup (230 grams) beeswax pellets
1 cup (230 grams) coconut oil
1 cup (230 grams) shea butter
20 drops Tangerine essential oil
20 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
A handful of coffee beans
Silicone heart moulds
1. In a big glass bowl, combine the beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter.
2. Fill a large saucepan with 4cm of water. Bring to boil.
3. Once boiling, place the glass bowl into the saucepan.
4. Stir ingredients until melted and thoroughly combined.
5. Once the ingredients have melted, remove from heat and let it cool for three minutes.
6. Add Tangerine and Ylang Ylang essential oils.
7. Scatter a handful of coffee beans into each mould.
8. Pour or spoon the mix into the moulds.
9. Refrigerate the moulds for one hour.
10. Once removed from moulds, use the warmth of your hands to melt the bar slightly. Proceed to rub the bar on your arms, legs, back and shoulders for a moisturising and sensory massage.