High-tech advances such as PET scanning offer new insight into the role cholesterol plays in both the amyloid cascade and vascular models of the development of Alzheimer’s dementia.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter at and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals.
I first addressed the concerns over the cognitive effects of cholesterol lowering statin drugs years ago in my video Statin Muscle Toxicity ( I’ve since discussed the associated breast cancer risks (Statin Cholesterol Drugs and Invasive Breast Cancer and the surprisingly low level of effectiveness (The Actual Benefit of Diet vs. Drugs
Thankfully, the same diet that can protect the heart may protect the brain:
• Alzheimer’s Disease: Grain Brain or Meathead? (
• Preventing Alzheimer’s with Lifestyle Changes (
• Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease with Diet (
• Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease With Plants (
• Reducing Glycotoxin Intake to Prevent Alzheimer’s (
• Alzheimer’s May Start Decades Before Diagnosis (
• Alzheimer’s and Atherosclerosis of the Brain (
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and he’ll try to answer it!
Image Credit: geralt via Pixabay.
• How Not to Die:
• NEW BOOK – How Not to Diet:
• Podcast: /