Learn more about Cedarwood Essential Oil here: doTERRA’s Cedarwood Essential Oil encourages tranquility and can help you relax at the end of the day. Popularly used in the perfume and skincare products, Cedarwood soothes the skin and calms the mind. It’s also a natural bug repellent!
Cedarwood Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
1) Because it is a grounding oil that can promote emotional balance, Cedar oil is a good essential oil to diffuse at the end of a long day when you want to create a relaxing environment. Cedarwood oil holds calming and grounding properties for both the mind and body, making it a popular oil for topical as well as aromatic use. When diffusing Cedar oil, use three to four drops in the essential oil diffuser of your choice and enjoy the grounding, calming effects that this oil has to offer.
2) If you want to improve your exercise routine, Cedarwood oil can provide an extra boost of vitality before a workout. Because it promotes wellness and vitality, Cedar oil is a fitting companion for any physical activity—no matter your workout style. Before exercising, massage one to two drops onto your chest to maintain vitality throughout your workout, and enjoy the vitality-boosting benefits of Cedarwood oil.
3) Did you know that many people use Cedar oil for skin due to its purifying abilities? You can easily incorporate Cedarwood oil into your daily facial routine by simply adding one to two drops of Cedarwood oil to your facial toner or moisturizer for added clarifying properties. The cleansing properties of Cedarwood oil can also help improve the appearance of skin imperfections. When you notice a new skin imperfection, directly apply one drop of Cedar oil to affected area to immediately improve its appearance.
4) Cedar oil’s chemical makeup makes it effective at repelling insects. When working in the garden, consider adding Cedarwood essential oil to your mulch or topsoil to help keep insects at bay. To keep bugs away during seasons when insects are a threat, you can create your own essential oil bug repellant formula using doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and Cedarwood oil (simply apply to the body before going outside). To learn more about essential oils that repel insects, read this article from the doTERRA Living Magazine: Essential Science—Bug Off!
5) Cedarwood oil is known to promote relaxation, and can be used in several instances to calm the mind. For example, when your child wakes up scared after a nightmare, apply Cedar oil to the bottom of his or her feet to help promote a peaceful, settled feeling. When you find yourself distressed by unfamiliar situations, inhale the aroma of Cedarwood oil to promote calming emotions. When it comes to promoting calming, grounding feelings, Cedarwood essential oil is a helpful companion.
6) Diffusing Cedar oil in your home, office, or workspace can help promote feelings of confidence and self-esteem. The warm, herbaceous aroma of Cedarwood essential oil is grounding and can help evoke feelings of wellness. When striving to promote confident feelings or feelings of self-esteem, diffuse two drops of Cedarwood oil with two drops of Wintergreen in the essential oil diffuser of your choice.
For more information on doTERRA® products follow us on: