Lemon balm may beat out drugs for controlling the symptoms of severe dementia.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at
I’ve done one other video on lemon balm: Reducing Radiation Damage With Ginger & Lemon Balm ( We grow it in our garden—makes a delicious tea.
More on the potential (and limitations) of aromatherapy here:
• Lavender for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (
• Lavender for Migraine Headaches (
• Orange Aromatherapy for Anxiety (
• Peppermint Aromatherapy for Nausea (
• Benefits of Rosemary for Brain Function (
Better, of course, to prevent dementia in the first place. See, for example:
• Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease With Plants (
• Reducing Glycotoxin Intake to Prevent Alzheimers (
• Alzheimer’s May Start Decades Before Diagnosis (
• Alzheimer’s and Atherosclerosis of the Brain (
• Cholesterol and Alzheimer’s disease (
• The Alzheimer’s Gene: Controlling ApoE (
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• HOW NOT TO DIE: