Using these natural home remedies you can treat your back pain. There are several more remedies for backache at
== Home Remedies for Backache ==
If there is one element in our bodies that takes the most amount of strain, it is the spine. Hence, it is natural for us to experience backache. 8 out of 10 adults suffer from backache at least once in their lifetime.
Though back pain is caused usually by muscular strains, it could also be the result of
• Faulty sitting and sleeping postures
• Lack of physical activities
• Poor diet
• Issues like arthritis, herniated discs, spondylolisthesis, fibromyalgia, etc.
When the pain lasts for about a month or less, it is referred to as acute back pain. When it continues for a longer duration and causes deep burning pain, it is called chronic back pain.
But lose no hope, try the following ayurvedic home remedies and you’ll feel the difference!
Home Remedy 1
• Put ginger paste on the affected area.
• Then, apply eucalyptus oil over it.
Home Remedy 2
• Take 10 basil leaves.
• Boil them in a cup of water till it evaporates to half.
• When it cools, add a quarter teaspoon of salt in it.
• For mild pain, drink this concoction once daily; for severe pain, do that twice a day.
Home Remedy 3
• Take 100 gm each of poppy seeds (khus khus) and sugar candy (misri).
• Grind them.
• Take 2 teaspoons of this mixture, two times a day, followed by a glass of hot milk.
Other ways to get relief are:
• Massage the affected area with warm sesame oil or turpentine oil.
• Using a heating pad can also help relieve the pain, especially for lower back pain. Moist hot packs are even better.
• In case of muscle injury or sprain, though, use a cold pack.
• If back pain is due to an injury, apply a cold compress for a day or two. This will reduce inflammation. Follow it up with a hot compress.
• Take proper bed rest.
• Sleep on a spine-friendly mattress.