Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit:
Peppermint oil has long been used for its health promoting, healing and medicinal properties. In fact, there is some evidence that peppermint oil has been used as a natural healer for hundreds, if not thousands of years for a variety of ailments. The antimicrobial properties of peppermint oil make it one of the most versatile essential oils used in the world, and can promote our overall health many different ways. Lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits and uses of peppermint oil.
1. First, peppermint oil can help to improve digestion and has been found to be very helpful in this regard. Only a couple of drops added to a glass of water can go a long way in improving digestion and digestive ailments. This is often associated to the oils carminative effects, which can help to eliminate excess gas in the stomach as well as treat digestive ailments such as nausea and upset stomach. As well, peppermint oil has been found to help sooth muscles i the GI tract and provide relief for symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
2. Peppermint essential oil has also been found to help reduce stress. This calming and refreshing oil can provide relief for those individuals with symptoms of stress, mental exhaustion or feelings of anxiety. Also, peppermint oil can help to stimulate mental activity and boost cognition. If you are dealing with symptoms of anxiety and depressions, also discuss these symptoms with your medical practitioner.
3. Looking to boost your immunity naturally, then peppermint oil can help. In fact, peppermint oil has been found to be beneficial for those individuals with a compromised immune system or who may be suffering from common cold and flu symptoms. This is attributed to peppermint oil’s powerful and potent antibacterial, antiviral and anti fungal effects. Peppermint oil is composed of unique compounds such as menthol and carvacrol that can help to boost our overall immunity. As well, its stress reducing and calming effects can also play an important role in boosting immunity naturally.
4. Peppermint oil can also help to treat certain respiratory ailments and may even help prevent them in the first place. As mentioned previously, peppermint oil contains menthol, which can help to clear the respiratory tract. This allows it to provide relief for many different type of respiratory issues such as cough, congestion and colds. Some studies have even found that peppermint oil has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic effects, which again can reduce respiratory problems and reduce inflammation.
5. Peppermint oil can also be useful in treating headaches. It has been found to have the ability to improve circulation and relax muscles that can become tense, conditions that can lead to headaches or migraines. Some studies even found that peppermint oil was able to provide certain effects which reduced sensitivity to headaches. For best results, apply some of the oil to your temples and forehead for natural pain relief.
6. Lastly, peppermint oil has been found to be useful for overall hair care. When used consistently it can help to remove unwanted dandruff and dryness. This is due to peppermint oil’s antiseptic and regenerative effects, which naturally reduces irritation and may even help those individuals suffering from hair loss. Peppermint oil’s circulation promoting abilities can also help in this regard.
Before using peppermint oil, topically or otherwise, please discuss with your medical practitioner to make sure that it is right for you.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, or food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!